Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 10: No-Huddle Offense

Andrew Luck has the Colts running high atop the AFC South. (Getty)
We're both vacationing together in California and are typing this on Rob Lange's iPad about 30 minutes before Sunday kickoff. This week, we will be typing short thoughts as we pass the computer back and forth.  Let's get after it:

Stally's Seven-Point Pick
@Indianapolis over St. Louis

Stally: There's the potential for a lot of upsets this week, but I feel safe saying this isn't one 'em.

Austen: This seems like a reach for a top pick. I don't disagree with the pick, just think the Rams are better than Stally thinks. Kellen Clemens is playing solid football.

Austen's Seven-Point Pick
Seattle over @Atlanta

Austen: The Falcons cannot find a way to beat anyone this year, even the Jets. The Seahawks are still the best team in the league.

Stally: You can't almost lose at home to the Bucs and still hold the title of 'best team in the league.' #JustSayin'

Stally's Six-Point Pick
@Tennessee over Jacksoville

Stally: If we pick against Jacksoville 16 times this season, I don't think we'll be wrong once.

Austen: Yup, this is the worst team in the NFL since the 0-16 Lions.

Austen's Six-Point Pick
@New Orleans over Dallas

Austen: Despite losing to the Jets, the Saints are still one of the top teams in the league. Dallas is not.

Stally: I can't see the Saints losing at home after last week's embarrassment in New York (New Jersey).

Stally's Five-Point Pick
@San Francisco over Carolina

Stally: I don't see an obvious mismatch the rest of the way, so I'll take the hometown Niners since we're in San Fran. Although, I don't mean to discredit a Panthers team that's clearly playing well.

Austen: This definitely could be the big upset of the week but it is still the biggest mismatch on paper left on the board.

Austen's Five-Point Pick
Denver over @San Diego

Austen: This could be another upset special but the Broncos are coming off a bye and the Chargers always find a way to lose.

Stally: My thoughts exactly. The game being in San Diego is a monkey wrench.

Stally's Four-Point Pick
Miami over @Tampa Bay

Stally: There might be two teams that go 0-16 this season, the Bucs being one of them.

Austen: The Bucs have been playing way better as of late and this is the exact type of game that they might sneak in a W.

Austen's Four-Point Pick
Detroit over @Chicago

Austen: I liked this pick a lot better when Cutler was out, but watching the Bears run defense get torn up by Eddie Lacy without Aaron Rodgers playing last week just makes me think Reggie Bush might have over 200 total yards in this game.

Stally: I have the Bears, since they're at home. The Lions greatness is still a work in progress, and I don't like them on the road.

Stally's Three-point Pick
@Pittsburgh over Buffalo

Stally: I know the Steelers aren't good, but even not good teams should win at home against the Bills.

Austen: I know the Bills are not that bad this year but I still pretty much bet against every week.

Austen's Three-Point Pick
@New York Giants over Oakland

Austen: The Giants are at home and are coming off a bye week. The Raiders just got toasted by Nick Foles for a record-tying seven touchdowns. Need I say more?

Stally: I honestly think the Raiders are slightly better, and I've been impressed by Terrelle Pryor. I have them with one confidence point for the upset.

Stally's Two-Point Pick
Cincinnati over @Baltimore

Stally: Going on the road in an AFC North rivalry game is never easy, but the Bengals are a much better team.

Austen: Both of these teams confuse me. I don't think either are actually very good, but the Bengals do have the slight edge.

Austen's Two-Point Pick
@Green Bay over Philadelphia

Austen: Even without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers are the better team. Clay Matthews is back for this one so I think that and home-field advantage gives them the edge.

Stally: Nick Foles passed for seven touchdowns last week for the Eagles, and, frankly, I'm shocked that Seneca Wallace is still in the league. Green Bay's offense will struggle mightily with him at the helm.

Stally's One-Point Pick
Washington over @Minnesota

Stally: I missed this one on Thursday night, and I'm honestly still not sure how; Washington and RG3 looked better for most of the game.

Austen: I had them all the way down with a whopping 1 confidence point so I don't feel too bad getting this one wrong. I'm still uncertain how they lost this one as well since I was watching the score for most of the game.

Austen's One-Point Pick
@Arizona over Houston

Austen: Without Brian Cushing, this defense is listless. Arian Foster is out for the season as well, so this offense also lost its main threat. Throw in the fact that the Cards play way better at home and I'm chalking up a big fat L for the febled Texans.

Stally: I have no idea who take in this one. I flip-flopped a couple times, but went with the Texans. I'm still holding out some faint hope that they can rekindle just a little of the fire they had last year in starting 11-1.

Teams on bye this week are Cleveland, Kansas City, New England and the New York Jets.

No comments:

Post a Comment