Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 2: Who is Who?

Can Ryan Fitzpatrick out duel Andrew Luck? Stally certainly does 
not think so as he picks the Colts as the blowout of the week.
After a week one that saw some big upsets (that Stally saw coming, and I was blindsided by), we will see what was just Week 1 hiccups and what these teams are actually made of. Should be another exciting week of football.

Stally's Eight-Point Pick
@Indianapolis over New York Jets

Stally: While I did predict it, the Colts took suffered what some might call a "deflating" loss to Buffalo last week.  They won't lose this home opener.  No way.  No how.

Austen: Andrew Luck is a different quarterback at home. I like the way my Jets played last week, but the Colts have to be angry coming off of brutal loss to the Bills last week. I think the Colts will be merciless in their attempt to put up a huge amount of points on a fierce Jets D, which could lead to a lot of points or a lot of turn overs, or both. Either way, I do not give my Jets much of a chance in this one.

Austen's Eight-Point Pick
Arizona over @Chicago

Austen: The Bears put up a good fight against the Packers, but that was against a rival. The Cards are one of the best teams in the entire league, while the Bears might be one of the worst. And the Bears will be without Alshon Jeffery. There is too much going in the Cards favor for this one.

Stally: Wow.  We disagree here.  The Cardinals are a solid team all around, but the Bears were more competent than expected last week against Green Bay.  I have the home team (da Bears!) in this one.



Stally's Seven-Point Pick
New England over @Buffalo

Stally: This will be a good game, don't get me wrong.  The Bills will be solid all season, and Rex Ryan knows how to beat the Pats.  But, I need to go with the numbers on this one.  Brady doesn't lose to Buffalo ... ever.

Austen: This is going to be a close one, but every ounce of me believes that the Patriots will crush Rex Ryan's hopes and dreams, just like they always have.

Austen's Seven-Point Pick
@New Orleans over Tampa Bay

Austen: Tampa looked like a joke of a team against the Titans last week, who might be the most untalented team in the league. Say what you want about the Saints, but the usually play to the top of their game at home. I have a hard time imagining the Bucs stunning the Saints.

Stally: I'm not sure what to make of the Saints yet, but I do know the Bucs suck.  No argument from me on this one.

Stally's Six-Point Pick
Miami over @Jacksonville

Stally: I had hopes that Jacksonville would be halfway competent this season, but that doesn't appear to be the case after getting drubbed at home by Carolina.  The Dolphins are going to be a pretty complete team this year, and they should win this one by at least two scores.

Austen: I too had high hopes of a 7-8 win Jags. Week one looked like the same old 2-3 win Jags. While the Jags are at home, its still basically a home game for the Dolphins, as the trip to Jacksonville is not a far one from Miami.

Austen's Six-Point Pick
St. Louis over @Washington

Austen: I really do not know what to expect from these teams, as the Rams are way, way better at home. But the Redskins might be the worst team in the league, so I have to side with the hot Rams on this one. Nick Foles looks to be the real deal, or at least who they have hoped Sam Bradford would be for them: an above average starting quarterback.

Stally: St. Louis would be the kind of team to upset the Seahawks at home and then lay a stinky egg on the road against a stinky team.  I'm taking the Redskins, who didn't look all that bad against Miami.

Stally's Five-Point Pick
Baltimore over @Oakland

Stally: Don't let the believers fool you: the football team in Oakland is still the same old Raiders.  Ravens by double digits.

Austen: If David Carr is healthy, the Raiders have a chance. He most likely will not be 100% in this one, which pretty much erases all hope the Raiders have against a Ravens team that has to be angry the way their game ended against the Broncos last week.

Austen's Five-Point Pick
@Green Bay over Seattle

Austen: Last week, the Seahawks came out flat against a talented Rams team, and looked out classed by them in every way. What do you think Aaron Rodgers will do to a defense that made Nick Foles look like, well, Aaron Rodgers?

Stally: Are we really that out on Seattle already?  I guess so ... I don't disagree with this pick at all.

Stally's Four-Point Pick
@Pittsburgh over San Francisco

Stally: This has all the makings of an unexpected blowout. 1) Pittsburgh's last game was a week ago Thursday. 2) San Francisco's last game was this past Monday and ended after midnight ET. 3) This game kicks off at 10 a.m. PT for the visitors.  This is a classic rout based on circumstance.

Austen: After all these years, Stally final has caught up to my cross country trip analysis. The 49ers have a rough road ahead of them in this one, but they played well enough to give them more credit than Stally is giving them. That being said, I still have the Steelers.

Austen's Four-Point Pick
Atlanta over @New York Giants

Austen: Did you see the end of the Giants-Cowboys game? This Giants defense cannot stop anyone. What do you think Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are going to do to this defense? All spells bad things for the Giants.

Stally: I was the last guy off the Falcons bandwagon last season, so it makes sense that I'm the closest one to jump back on this season.  Good pick.

Stally's Three-Point Pick
@Cincinnati over San Diego

Stally: I might consider picking the Chargers if this was in San Diego, but I think Cincy is the better team and it's at home.

Austen: Andy Dalton is the king of playing at home not in primetime. The Chargers typically do not win two big games in a row. I think the Bengals are the safe pick.

Austen's Three-Point Pick
Tennessee over @Cleveland

Austen: Can Marcus Mariota keep his play up, or will it fall off against a more stout defense? The Browns are not that stout and I cannot trust Johnny Football over the NFL leader in passing touchdowns.

Stally: Before asking who's starting at QB for Cleveland, let's ask: who cares?  Neither one of those guys has the makings of a winning NFL QB.  Marcus Mariota does.  I'll take his team as well.

Stally's Two-Point Pick
@Minnesota over Detroit

Stally: This is a tough call.  I'm going to give Minnesota a pass in Week 1 and assume it'll be the team that I thought could go about 10-6 preseason.  If the Vikes do get lit up in this one, I'll have to greatly alter my expectations.

Austen: There was nothing to like about the Vikes' first game, in which they got thrashed by a depleted 49ers team. Well, there's not a whole lot to like about the Lions blowing a huge lead against the Chargers. Neither of these teams can afford to fall 0-2, as most expect these two teams to be fighting for a wild card spot at the end of the season.

Austen's Two-Point Pick
@Kansas City over Denver

Austen: Well I already got this one wrong, but it sure was a close one. Had Jamaal Charles held onto the ball in the fourth quarter, the Chiefs would have pulled off a very impressive win. That's not how it played out, and I come away with another tough loss.

Stally: I had the Chiefs, too.  I also had Jamaal Charles, and the Chiefs defense going against Austen in our most serious fantasy football league.  #Greatness #Sarcasm

Stally's One-Point Pick
@Carolina over Houston

Stally: I don't like Houston.  I don't like teams that give up on their starting QBs before the end of Week 1.  What was the point of training camp and all that if you couldn't at least find a guy to start for the first quarter of the season.  Gimme Carolina, please!

Austen: With Luke Kuechly out, it will be interesting to see how the Panther defense plays after a week one beat down of the Jags. I really have no idea what to expect, but I think you have to side with the Panthers, even with the worst receiving corp in the NFL.

Austen's One-Point Pick
@Philadelphia over Dallas

Austen: No Dez Bryant, no problem. Wait, that's just against a terrible Giants team. The Eagles are the best team in this division. They will show it at home after a tough loss to a reloaded Falcons team.

Stally: Tony Romo!  Cowboys, baby!  Get 'er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment