Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week 6: Stally's Thoughts

The Patriots are on to Cincinnati, and we all know how that goes.
Austen and I had time to make our picks, but with Austen and Emily getting ready to move and a lack of internet at the new apartment, it's all me this week on the thoughts.  -Stally

Austen's Eight-Point Pick
@Arizona over New York Jets

Stally: Ouch.  It's bad when Austen picks against his beloved Jets with the first pick, but there's just not a lot going right for that team right now.

Stally's Eight-Point Pick
@New England over Cincinnati

Stally: "We're on to Cincinnati," Bill Belichick.  #NuffSaid

Austen's Seven-Point Pick
Pittsburgh over @Miami

Stally: There's a huge disparity between these two teams, and I would be shocked if the Dolphins won.  Not to mention that home-field advantage doesn't often seem to help Miami.

Stally's Seven-Point Pick
@Green Bay over Dallas

Stally: I don't like taking a ho-hum Packers team this early, but I'm not sure who else I'd want.  Green Bay at home against a rookie QB seems like a good choice.

Austen's Six-Point Pick
@Buffalo over San Francisco

Stally: The Bills are getting good ... like actually good, not just kinda good like they sometimes can be.

Stally's Six-Point Pick
Denver over @San Diego

Stally: Whoops, missed this one on Thursday!  The clock has struck midnight for the Broncos.  After a season of pulling games out their butts, they're regressing to the mean, and that includes losing to a subpart Chargers team.  Time for me to get back on the "Overrated" bandwagon that I unsuccessfully tried to drive last year.

Austen's Five-Point Pick
@Seattle over Atlanta

Stally: Like the Packers game, this seems like too much to pick against a good team, but Seattle has a big home-field advantage.

Stally's Five-Point Pick
Philadelphia over @Washington

Stally: The Eagles had a hiccup in Detroit last week, but I still feel like they're a good team.  Washington is a "just ok" team.

Austen's Four-Point Pick
@Oakland over Kansas City

Stally: The Raiders are really impressing me.  They actually kind of remind me of last year's Chiefs, an unexpected contender that's on its way to the playoff hunt.

Stally's Four-Point Pick
@Detroit over Los Angeles

Stally: This game could go either way, but I like the Lions in their friendly, home confines.

Austen's Three-Point Pick
@Houston over Indianapolis

Stally: I'm taking the Colts in this one.  I think that they've underperformed and have something to prove, and I don't think particularly highly of the Texans.

Stally's Three-Point Pick
@New York Giants over Baltimore

Stally: Again, I'm very much about the home team this week.  This game is pretty much a coin flip, but after sticking close in Green Bay last week and with their starting running back (Rashad Jennings) expected to return, I'll take the Giants.

Austen's Two-Point Pick
@New Orleans over Carolina

Stally: I'm predicting 11+ touchdowns in this one.  Don't expect a lot of defense.  With that in mind, I'm taking the Saints as well, because they're at home and used to winning shootouts in the Superdome.

Stally's Two-Point Pick
@Tennesssee over Cleveland

Stally: Cavs championship?  Check.  Indians championship?  Probably.  Browns 0-16 season?  Hopefully.  At least some things never change in Cleveland.

Austen's One-Point Pick
Jacksonville over @Chicago

Stally: This is one of the least interesting close matchups in recent memory.  I'll also take the Jags, as they have a bit more talent working for them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment